The opiate epidemic is on the forefront of most American’s minds as the world enters 2017. 2016 will be known as the deadliest year for drug addiction our nation has ever seen. National and local governments as well as private and public organizations have all focused on how to limit the number of families forever changed from accidental drug overdose.
The shocking statistics were finally published and heavily publicized in 2016. So now that America knows it is facing a huge drug problem what is being done about it?
- The CDC has changed the national guidelines for physicians prescribing opiates for pain patience. This should limit the number of newly addicted opiate addicts.
- The DEA has ordered a reduction in the number of opiates produced from pharmaceutical companies by 1/3 in 2017. AARG sees little impact this will have based on the high quantity of substances obtained from international locations.
- Narcan, the overdose drug is being made more widely available in communities to reduce overdose deaths. Though it is not as widely available as it should be. AARG believes that for Narcan to be as effective as possible it should accompany every defibrillator location nationwide. Schools, airports, grocery stores, etc.
- The U.S. government has recently publicly supported and is funding Medically Assisted Treatment for opiate addicts. AARG views this stance as creating a new
“Standard of Care” for the substance abuse industry. The belief is that if there is a consistent treatment method backed by the medical field then quality of care will become consistent and insurance reimbursement for services will also become consistent.
- Extensive drug education has occurred in communities and schools nationwide empowering individuals to help themselves and others.
- Many court systems and law enforcement agencies have curbed the way they are treating addicts who have committed drug related crimes. Focusing on treatment options over punishment in many cases.
AARG IS COMMITTED TO HELPING ADDICTS CHANGE THEIR LIVES. FROM TREATMENT PLACEMENT TO ONE-ON-ONE SUPPORT WE WILL DO WHATEVER IS NECESSARY FOR EVERY ADDICTS SITUATION. INFO@ALIGNMENTADDICTIONRECOVERY.COM